Skip to main content

Miss Megan's Favorite Things

I blogged about some of my favorite things before, but it kind wasn't a good blog and I quit after a few things, so I thought I'd do it again.  If I was rich, or had a super famous blog I'd give something away.  But I am neither rich or a famous blogger, so therefore you can just read about my favorite things and maybe purchase them for yourself.  Trust me, I think they are awesome or I wouldn't be wasting my time telling you about them.

Julep Deep Clean 











This is my newest find.  I got it in my Julep Maven box (I'll get to that in a second).  This sells for $40.00 on their website. This is an excellent face cleaner.  It cleans all the make up off your face, literally.  It smells a little bit like furniture polish, but I actually kind of like it.

Back to the Julep Maven box, if you have 19.99 laying around every month this is a good investment.  You take a short quiz, they tell you what your style profile is.  Every month they send you a box with two nail polish colors (which retail $14 each) and some other type of goodies (one month I got a foot scrub, one month I got moisturizer, I got the Deep Clean last month, and an eye shadow palette this month).  You can choose to skip months, and you can customize your box.  You just have to remember to it around the 20th of each month.

Oh and guess what....there's a FREE CODE you can use to get your first box free!  So really check out their site.

Emi Jay Hair Ties (Or like hair ties)












This are literally the best!  They are very cute, first off.  You can wear them on  your wrist like a bracelet, which for someone that has to have a ponytail holder on their arm to survive, that is important.  Plus, the DO NOT leave a crease in my hair.  Also important as I pull my hair up 1,000,000 times a day.  You can also search these on eBay and get them pretty cheap.

 Eyes Lips And Face (E.L.F.) concealer and highlighter











This is my go to beauty product.  Seriously.  The best thing ever.  Seriously.  SERIOUSLY!!!!  You can get it at Target or from their website.  He is a concealer, and a good one and it says "highlighter".  What I do is use the concealer under my eyes and on unsightly blemishes (you know I don't get those often...ha).  Then I put two dots of the highlighter under my eyes, too, to give it a "pop".  But my favorite use is using the "highlighter" (the white stuff) as an eyeshadow primer.  It gives your eyeshadow a deeper hue, and it keeps it on ALL DAY.. ALL DAY PEOPLE!  ALL DAY!  Would you like to know the best part?  The very best part?  IT ONLY COST $3.00!!!  YES $3.00!  Also, you will find other fantastic finds from ELF.  I used their mineral make-up for a while, and it is comparable to Bare Minerals. 

Dry Shampoo

















Dry shampoo has become my new BFF.  If you've never tried it, you need to.  This is the brand I have been buying lately mostly because it's what Wal-Mart has in stock.  Dry shampoo just gives your hair a clean feel with out washing it and drying it.  Thanks to a pin I found on Pinterest, I found out how to actually use it.  Spray it in your hair, rub it in like you would if you were shampooing you hair, let it dry while you apply your make up and then brush it out.  Easy, peasy!

Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer











I used this every other day.  It actually works.  I use both the face one and the body.  It smells devine and since it's daily you're not all streaky.

How I Met Your Mother
 













Seriously, how did I never watch this show?  How did I miss it?  Seriously.  It's LEGENDARY.  So, so, so, so SO funny!  I literally laugh out loud, every single episode.  Like I cackle.  I'm so very sad that I didn't know anything about this until this fall.  If you haven't watched....WATCH IT NOW!!!

I hope that I have given you some good advice on some of my favorite things.  I hope you will at least give of them a try.  If you must pick only one...go with How I Met Your Mother!


PS.  The other day I told of the white death heading our way.  Well it has ruined my Nashville plans, but I don't have to work tomorrow, so no alarm.  Take the good with the bad, huh?

HAVE A GREAT DAY!    

Comments

  1. I love your favorite things post. I got the ELF concealer the last time you recommended it and am about to purchase tube#2. I love it! I may have to try the dry shampoo too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)