Skip to main content

Memorial Weekend

Yea, so it's Wednesday and I'm just now getting to typing about my weekend.  Sue me.

I had a pretty fantastical weekend.  Thursday and Friday I got out of school at 1:30.  That was nice.

Friday night I saw the Hangover III.  I laughed, a lot.  And may have had a small popcorn, with a little bit of butter,  for dinner.  The movie was not as good as the first one, or even the second one, but it was still funny.

Saturday morning I was up early for a road trip with the bestie! 
Best Friend Road Trip
We started our day in Hardy.
In downtown Hardy

Where we stopped at my favorite place, the Candy Store.  When I was little my mom's family would rent a cabin in Hardy for a nice little family vacation.  My favorite part of said vacation was going to this candy store, what can I say, I've always been a fat kid with a sweet tooth.  However, as I've grown older this Candy Store is not as immaculate as it was in my memory.  However I did get some Jelly Bellies, wax bottles, and lemon drops (and maybe some fudge).  After our venture to the candy store, we went into several flea markets.  Katie was looking for a door stop and I was looking for records.  Well, after much searching we both hit the jackpot.  After we looked through countless records, we finally found the motherload.

I found this gem, with Harper Valley PTA on it  You can see what I do with it later.
After our venture in Hardy, we went to eat lunch.  I successfully order the salad bar and a turkey burger (and fries).  Then we continued our adventure and put our feet in the river.  Then drove to some place in MO that I can't even start to spell and stocked up on some cute things.  Then we went to West Plains were I bought some colored jeans for $9.90 at Maurice's.  Then we started on our way home.  It was a fantastic day with fantastic company.  It is so good to go and laugh all day.  Literally we laughed all day.

When we got back to Katie's I got to crafted with my prized possessions I had found.

Katie's Record Bowl -- Little Jimmy
I had a Sunday Funday with my mom and brother.  We went to town and shopped around.  Then we (read they) cooked out.  We had a shrimp boil and it was a-maz-ing!

Monday I had a wild hair.  Luckily my partner in crime has wild hairs too.  We ventured to the river.  Where we sat and relaxed and may have jumped off a rope swing.  It was another great day.  I am already making plans to go back.

River Rats
Also, I have now declared Monday Motivation Monday (instead of Man Crush Monday) on my instagram.  This is the picture I posted on MM.

Monday and June 2012.
And for some Motivation on Wednesday I LOST 3 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!!!  The scale had been stuck at a standstill for almost two months!  TWO MONTHS with not loss but no gain either.  It was depressing, especially since I was working my butt off at the gym.  I also got sooooo tired of hearing "muscle weighs more than fat, you're gaining muscle".  I didn't give a rat's butt if I was gaining muscle, I wanted to lose weight.  I'm glad to finally see the scale move in the right direction.

Have a great rest of the week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Motivation Monday

This a story of two very different girls. This is the first girl... Hot Springs 2012 Nashville July 2012 CMA Fest June 2012 Nashville 2012 July 2012 Christmas 2012 She is 26 years old and is a third grade teacher.  She enjoys buying shoes, going out to eat, going to musicals and going to Nashville (a lot).  She has a pretty good life.  She drives a sweet red Mustang (with pink interior lights) and has the best friends a girl could want.  She is a funny girl and has big dreams.  She believes your only as old as you feel and she still feels like a kid.  She loves pink and sparkly things.  She never meets a stranger and could talk to anybody. But that is what she wants you to see.  She wants you to see her with a smile on her face and she wants to see all the fun she has.  She doesn't want you to know that inside, she isn't happy.  She isn't satisfied and she is disgusted with herself.  She knows something has got to give.  She is tired of feel

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t