Skip to main content

Chubby Girl Chronicles

This weekend I completely failed slipped up.  I am an avid stalker, er reader of a few blogs.  One of my favorites is Mama Laughlin.  She will have what she calls "Fat Girl Fridays" where she goes out to eat when her coworkers.
Friday I had a Fat Girl Friday.
Well let's start with the whole week.
I ate out a grand total of five days.  I went to the gym a total of twice.  EPIC EPIC EPIC FAIL!

Last week I was feeling a little under the weather, I didn't sleep much Sunday night, so Monday when I got home I went to bed almost as soon as I got home.

I started off good.  Tuesday I had dinner with the girls.  I ate really good the first part of the day.  I went to the gym and did my circuit.  After that I went to Zumba.  I burned a looooooot of calories.  Then we went to dinner.  I had 5 cheese bites.  I ordered a hamburger steak (not the best choice but it was tasty) and green beans.  (BTW I love my girls).  I put it in my calorie counter and life was good.

Wednesday, I had a unplanned dinner with a friend.  I had stuck to my calories all day.  I made it to the gym (and even went to dinner without retouching my make-up and spraying some smell good on).  I ordered sensibly (blackened tilapia and sauteed mushrooms and only ate half).

Thursday I went to see Mary Poppins at the Orpheum.  We always go out to eat before, so I watched what I ate all day.  We ate a Pearl's and again I ordered tilapia.

Friday, it all went down the drain.  I went out to eat with my mother.  I ordered a grilled shrimp salad and ate a half of it.  But I didn't log it.  Then, I went to see a friend.  We went to Sonic.  I ordered a milkshake.  A small one, but it was still a milkshake.  It was good, really good, extremely good, and I'm glad I had it.

Saturday, I didn't log anything.  Not a single thing I ate went down, anywhere.  But I slipped.  I had a Coke (for you nonsoutherns that's any soda, the soda I had was a Sprite).  I hadn't had a Soda or wanted one in months.

Sunday...... Sunday was bad terrible.  I ate, a lot.  German Roasted Nuts may or may not have been consumed.  I may have eaten some fried pickles.  I may have ordered a fried chicken sandwich with some fries.  I only ate a fourth of the sandwich and maybe ten fries before I felt miserable.  I also went to my brothers to watch the Walking Dead.  He cooked.  I won't go into details but I ate a lot then too.
Again nothing was logged.

Today, I got back on track.  I logged everything I ate and I went to Zumba.  My inner fat girl wants to come out, bad.  I want to eat everything in sight, but I haven't.  I've had to tell myself all day "When you feel like giving up, remember why you started."  I have to remember why I started.

Words for the wise:  LOG EVERYTHING!  WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU EAT!  Even the bad stuff you don't want to.

And to end on a high note, someone asked me today for a workout tip today.  That was pretty awesome.

Have a great day people!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)