Skip to main content

Step Away From The Cookies

So, it's been a struggle this past week.  Mainly because it's that magical time of year again.....GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!  They are the devil in disguise.  I have 2 Girl Scouts in my classroom this year.  So I ordered 2 boxes from both of them.  Yes, I know this wasn't the best idea I ever had.  Yes, I was dieting and exercising when I ordered four boxes of cookies, but I had willpower, you see, and I was not going to eat them.  Well, that changed when the boxes came in.  I didn't eat the whole sleeve of 16 cookies, that has 640 calories, but I did eat 8.  EIGHT COOKIES!  I felt like CRAP after eating cookies.  So I gave them to my kids for snack and gave another box to my mom to hide.  The other two boxes are hanging out at school.  So, now I understand, no matter how many times I saw it....I cannot turn down a Thin Mint.
These are the DEVIL.  The DEVIL I tell you.  I think they have Crack in them

I spent two hours at the gym last night.  I really enjoy watching my progress.  I walked for a long butt time on the treadmill yesterday.  Which, I walk 65 minutes a lot of the time so it's nothing new.  However, I walked a long way.  Over 4.5 miles.  Whoa!!  That just sounds like a lot.  I just can't believe that when I started my goal was a mile, then the first time I did 3 miles I was excited.  Then when I hit 3.7 miles I couldn't believe it.  Then I got to 4.21.  Now, this.  WOW!
Killed it
I am now at 22 pounds gone.  I am excited to check how many inches are gone at the end of the week.


Have a great night

Nice Reminder!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Did You Have To Ruin Country Music?

"Jack and Diane" painted a picture of my life and my dreams Suddenly this crazy world made more sense to me Well I heard it today and I couldn't help but sing along Cause every time I hear that song I go back to a two ton short-bed Chevy Drivin' my first love out to the levy Livin' life with no sense of time One of my favorite songs is Kenny Chesney's "I Go Back".  For those of you that aren't frequent country music fans, the song is basically about how there's songs that remind you of a certain place and time in your life.  I know I have those songs.  I'm pretty sure you do too.  Some of those memories are good, some not so much. Like Tiny Dancer by Elton John.:  I heard this song on the way home from work today.  It made me smile.  This song reminds me of my senior year of high school.  I think about my friend Dedra, who didn't know the words to this song at all.  I remember three of us, at the Valentine's Dance, with th