Skip to main content

100 Places To See Before You Die...Megan's Version

*Disclaimer****There's really not 100 places mentioned in this blog :)

Tonight as I was wondering around Facebook, I saw one of my friends post a link to a survey type thing titled 100 Places To See Before You Die.  You checked the places you have been to and it said something about people going to more than 9 are above average or something.  I clicked on it just to see how I compare to others.  I had only been to two of the hundred places, The Gateway Arch and Disney World.  That means there's 98 places on the last I haven't seen.  Most where out of the country.  I guess that should have been a fire under my butt.  Like saying "Oh man, I really need to get traveling and see these places."  And for a brief second I did think that maybe I was lacking some experiences.  However, after that brief second I realized that I was not lacking.  Sure there are places I still want to go to, but I have done so much here.  So here you have my list of *some* of the places I recommend you see before you die.  Granted this is just my opinion and you may not think much of it.

1.  Graceland.  I believe every person should visit Graceland at least once in their life.  Elvis made such an impact on pop culture.  He paved the way for so many.  It is also amazing to see how he lived then compared to the way most celebrities live today.  Also, if you consider yourself a fan of his at all, I highly suggest going to the candle light vigil on August 16.  I have been once and it was awesome!

2.  Sun Studio, Memphis  If you are a music fan at all this tour is a must.  This is the place Elvis got his start, but it's also the place where Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, B.B. King and many others came to record.  It is amazing to be in a place with so much history.  It is still a working recording studio too, which is pretty cool.

3.  The Gateway Arch, St. Louis MO  This was one on the survey on Facebook.  I am terrified of heights but it's pretty awesome to stand up there and feel it move in the wind.  I like looking down on the cars and people.  The only negative I see in it is the small cars that take you up and down.

4.  The Old Court House St Louis MO  This, much like Sun Studio in Memphis, is full of history.  This is the building where the Dred Scott Slave Trials were held.

5.  The City Museum St. Louis MO (yes I'm apparently on a St. Louis Kick).  This is an awesome place for kids and adults alike.  There are a million things to do.  You can ride a Ferris Wheel on top of the building, climb in a bus hanging off the roof, go down a 14 story slide and then try to find you way out of some caves.  Fun times

6.  The Ryman, Nashville.  As many of you know (or could have told by my first to places) I love music.  I toured the Ryman in 2010.  It, like Sun, is full of music history.  It just amazes me to be in these types of places.  It makes me wish walls could talk and I could hear what it was like to hear June Carter and Johnny Cash talk back stage.  I know, I'm a nerd.

7.  Disney World  I went to Disney World many moons ago.  I believe it was the summer before 7th grade.  Maybe 8th.  I am not sure.  But I do remember how much fun I had.  We opened the parks and shut them down.  It is a magical place and I want to go back!

8.  Destin, Florida (or Panama City Beach or any Beach for that matter).  There is just something about the ocean that literally takes all your troubles away.  It is the most relaxing thing in the world to sit in a chair and hear the waves come in.  It is one of God's most beautiful and wonderful creations. 

9.  Hannah's Maze of Mirrors Branson MO  I'm very aware how dorky that sounds.  But if you are in Branson you must go!  It was so much fun trying to find my way out.

10.  The Mall of America  I was lucky enough to venture here when I was in Junior High School.  We went on a mission trip and this was our reward day.  I only wish I would have liked to shop then.  I remember being so overwhelmed by everything.  Now, I wouldn't be overwhelmed I'd be in shopping Heaven.  I hope I can go back one day.

11.  St. Louis Zoo.  First off, it's free and that's awesome.  Second off the hippo exhibit is friggin cool.  And third off, you can see penguins up close and personal.

Now granted, I have not been many places and there's still so much more I want to see, but here is my list of the top 11 places I think you should go to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)