Skip to main content

What I Want You To Understand

I posted the following picture on Facebook and Instagram last night.

I posted the following caption with it:  I wish I could explain how it feels to look at these pictures. I'm sure I should feel proud, but I feel disgusted. I remember being that girl. I remember how I felt.... Miserable. Look at that stomach. That isn't normal. That's not how a woman is supposed to look. I am disappointed in myself that I did that to myself. I am also disgusted that I've come so far and I've been slacking. I hate it. And I hate what I've done. Turning around again. ‪#‎progress‬ ‪#‎motivation‬ ‪#‎fightingtheinnerfatgirl‬

My Instagram friends took this post for what it was worth, leaving comments such as "We all fall down and get back up" and "I understand how you feel,I've been slacking too". 

My Facebook friends, however, just kept telling me how I was beautiful before and now and that beauty is not defined by a size and not to be to hard on myself.

I felt like Facebook thought I was fishing for compliments or that I felt I was ugly.

This is not the case.

I was going through my Facebook last night deleting some "fat" pictures.  As I was going through my mobile uploads I saw that picture in the black.  I was flooded with emotion.  I remember how I felt that.  I was at the fair with a friend.  I was tired.  I had worked all day and then standing up at the Kip Moore concert, then walking around the fair, it was hard on someone that overweight.  I don't know what I weighed, I stayed off a scale, but I'm pretty sure I was my heaviest or on my way to it.  I do know that when the suggested to go on some rides, my stomach hurt.  I started telling them that I don't like to go on rides, that it made me sick.  That was so true.  I didn't want to go on the rides because I would be smashed in the ride, or they would turn me away because of my size and since I was with my extremely small friend I didn't want that embarrassing situation.  

I don't feel bad because I was "ugly".  I didn't feel miserable because I was "fat and ugly".

I was miserable because I was unhealthy.  I was miserable because I was tired.  I was miserable because I was carrying around a lot of extra weight. 

It's not about feeling pretty, it's about feeling healthy.  

The second picture was from this weekend.  This weekend I went to St. Louis with Katie (there will be a photodump later about my trip).  We walked up 11 flights of stairs, crawled around the city museum.  I was on my feet for 4 hours.  We also rode a Ferris Wheel.  This was the only time I can remember being in a Ferris Wheel and having room between my stomach and the bar.  I didn't have to suck in to the point where it hurt.  Then, we went to a concert, where I stood up and danced for two hours.  Then, the next day we walked all over the St. Louis Zoo.  Was a tired?  Yes.  Was I miserable?  No.  I was happy and enjoyed being active.

It has been a challenge.  I don't know how to explain my relationship with food to people that don't have the same feelings.  I want to be healthy and fit, but I also want a milkshake,  I want to eat pizza.  I want French fries.  I know I can't have it and it does make me upset.  

I am hoping that being back in the routine of school will help me get back on track.  I'm sure it will.

So please now that my picture and post was not about feeling pretty.  It was about feeling good about myself and feeling healthy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t