Skip to main content

Thankful Post

I guess since it's Thanksgiving I feel obligated to do a "thankful post" today.  I have a very blessed life and I know it.  I am lucky to have the things that I have and even though I don't seem like it all the time I am very grateful for it.  Today was a great day with family.  My parents, my brother and I went to my grandparents house for lunch.  We had a delicious fried turkey, ham, green bean casserole, hashbrown casserole, broccoli and rice, slaw, and pecan and sweet potato pies.  My grandmother and mother are excellent cooks.  After lunch we lounged around and talked. Then my mother and I went to Wal-Mart, with everyone in Trumann, to rack up on some Black Friday (even though it's really Thursday) deals.  It was a great day.

Luckily I went through old facebook photos and found one from last Thanksgiving before I ate a third piece of pie.  I will not post it here, because my mother said "Ew, don't post that on Facebook," (thanks mom).  Even thought it's already on Facebook, it was a picture she put up.  I always knew I was overweight, I just didn't realize how bad it was.  That picture, that picture shows just how bad it was.

To end this lovely Thanksgiving night I will leave a list of things I am thankful for (in no order).

A God that loves me and forgives me no matter how bad a screw up.
My mother and father who love and support me always.
My brother who torments that mess out of me but will take up for me in a heartbeat.
My family's dog Maggie.  She is the cutest and sweetest thing ever.  I never knew I could love a dog.
My cats that cuddle with me at night.
Heat in the winter, air in the summer.
My super cool car.
My education that lets me have a super cool job.
My classroom of 19 awesome second graders that make me smile. laugh and learn every day.
My best friend Katie.  I know I will talk to her every day and she's always there for me no matter what.  She listen to my same problems over and over again and never judges me.
Finger Nail Polish
My straitening iron
Make Up
Music
Laughter
How I Met Your Mother
Kiki La Rue
Fiber One Oats and Chocolate Bars
Nashville
My super awesome coworkes
Sushi
My Kids Kingdom friends, Amber, Summer, Natalie and Katie (yes she's on my list twice).  They are the best friends anyone could have.
My High School Friends; Laura, Britni and Brandi.  It means something to say I have known these girls since I was young and we still stay in touch.
Group messages between my friends
Broken hearts
Lessons Learned
iPhones
Heated Seats
Musicals
Fuzzy socks
A really good ink pen
Junie B. Jones books
Gary Allan


Happy Thanksgiving from My brother and Me to you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

Motivation Monday

This a story of two very different girls. This is the first girl... Hot Springs 2012 Nashville July 2012 CMA Fest June 2012 Nashville 2012 July 2012 Christmas 2012 She is 26 years old and is a third grade teacher.  She enjoys buying shoes, going out to eat, going to musicals and going to Nashville (a lot).  She has a pretty good life.  She drives a sweet red Mustang (with pink interior lights) and has the best friends a girl could want.  She is a funny girl and has big dreams.  She believes your only as old as you feel and she still feels like a kid.  She loves pink and sparkly things.  She never meets a stranger and could talk to anybody. But that is what she wants you to see.  She wants you to see her with a smile on her face and she wants to see all the fun she has.  She doesn't want you to know that inside, she isn't happy.  She isn't satisfied and she is disgusted with herself.  She knows something has got to give.  She is tired of feel

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t