Skip to main content

Life Happenings

I feel like I need an update.  It's going to be a mixture of things, get ready.

First off, I may have found my missing motivation.  I completed my 2nd 5K on Saturday, been to the gym twice.  It's slowly creeping back!  More on that to follow.

The last few days have been full of excitement.  Last Wednesday, Katie came over and we turned our bad day into a creative day and painted.  I am not a very talented painter, to say the least, but I had a great time. 
Finish Products
Friday, I had a friend call me and tell me to get ready they were coming to get me to take me to see Gary Allan.  I was very excited, well that may be an understatement.  I was thrilled.  Honestly, I hadn't been that happy in a while.  I got ready super quick and went to Tunica for a fun night. 
Gary Allan is seriously one of the best, I should know I go to a lot of concerts and buy a lot of music.  He literally puts on a better show every time I see him.  Now, while nothing is going to compare to when I saw him in April (you know when I met him), I will continue to see him anytime he's close enough.
Ready For Gary Allan
Gary Allan

Seriously, he's perfection

Oh look, this is when I met him  :)
Saturday, I did my second 5K.  It was "Glow In The Park" at Shelby Farms in Memphis.  If you have done or heard of a color run, the concept is the same, however it's at night and they cover you with glow paint instead.  It was a blast.  I hope they come back next year and I can do it again.  We walked and stopped to pick up stray glow jewelry and take pictures, so our time was....SLOW.  However it was great.  Here's some pictures so you can see how much fun I had.






 See great fun, right?

I did take me a while, but like I said before I did find some of my motivation.  I found it by remembering why I am doing this.  I am doing it FOR ME, for the way I feel.  I'm doing it so I can look at a picture, like this one above and think "Wow, my stomach looks kinda flat there".  I am back to focusing on ME!  And if that's wrong, oh well.

I'm going to leave you with this picture, because I love it.  Because, I had the worst week before I took this selfie, and I still manage to have a big smile on my face, and that my friends is what it is all about.

Love you all.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)