Skip to main content

Blessed

If you have clicked on this link thinking that you may get something cynical, sarcastic or witty, I'm sorry. That's not the mood I'm in tonight.  I know most of you are pretty used to the cynical Megan.  The Megan that has been burned by love and has a witty comment to say about it.  I know that I have been lacking in the blog department since Shannon and I got back together, and I apologize.  If you ask any of my closest friends they will tell you I'm just as cynical and sarcastic as I was before, I just tone it down in public now.
Tonight, I am having trouble falling asleep.  The good thing about having a laptop now is I can pick it up while I'm laying here restless and being typing. 
As I sit here in my bed, I have a million things running through my mind.  Mainly, I am thinking how blessed I am.
Some of you may know I have recently lost someone very dear to me, a precious 11 year old named MacKenzie.  This is been the strangest couple of days I can ever remember.  There's no words to describe the emotional roller coaster I have been on.  I guess it's fitting that I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster, since she and I rode several together at Six Flags this summer. 
Since Friday I have seen first hand the importance of a church family.  I have seen a group of people come together and support our friends in their time of suffering.  I have witnessed several people completely drop what they are doing to go be by a hurting friend's side.  I have seen a group of friends huddled together in a kitchen to prepare a home cooked meal for a family that hasn't had one in days.  I have seen a group gather in a living room that could hardly fit us just to be there for one another.  I have heard of a church gathering around a grieving man.  I am proud to say I am a part of this church family.  I am a part of this group that will drop what they are doing to be with someone.  I am part of a group that will chip in and cook a meal.  I am part of a group that will, through good times and bad, stick together.  I am so blessed that I walked into that Life Group in Feb 2011.  I am so glad I was cornered and came in.  I am so glad these people are accepting of me in spite of my flaws.  I am so glad I can call these people my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi