Skip to main content

Dear 16 Year Old Megan

In honor of Throwback Thursday, let's write a letter to myself.

Dear 16 Year Old Megan,

Stop being so down on yourself.  You are not fat.  Ten years from now you'll kill to have that body back  You will look by in envy at your skinny face and flabless arms.

Please stop wearing overalls, and you really need to buy better shoes.  And stop with the butterfly clips.  The images of your bad clothing choices will haunt you for years to come.  Thank God you did, however, lose the boy jeans and decide to buy your jeans from the right department of the store!

Learn how to put on make up, STAT.

Study your math, you're not going to be a professional tennis player, you are going to teach small children, and this Common Core math would be less stressful if you actually paid attention!

Don't stop Weight Watchers or walking.  You don't think you will, but you're going to gain all that weight back, and then some.  Then you're going to be fat and miserable and struggling to get it off for the next ten years.

You really need to do something with that frizzy hair!

We all know that no matter how much you smile about it, you hate your car.  Just wait, your time is coming.  You will have your dream car in no time, in fact you will have some sweet rides in your future.

Calm your butt down.  Your temper causes you to lose your two front teeth, the night before prom.  How lame are you?  So not cool.

Spend more time with your family, you'll miss them when they are gone.

Stop having pointless fights with your friends, believe it or not you will stalk talk and occasionally hang out ten years later.

You will get to kiss that boy you have a crush on, it was worth the wait.

Keep having fun and being adventurous.  You will look back and truly know that this was some of the best years of your life.

Sincerely,
27 year old Megan.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Link Up

Finish The Sentence With Jake & Holly Hey!  I've never done a link up before but I thought, why not.  My page sucks and I'm almost embarrassed to link up and have some really cool "professional" type bloggers look at it, but oh well.  Make fun if you want, I'm a stressed out teacher, that hasn't even had time to blog in ages. Anyways I read these link up things all the time, always wanted to join in the fun.  This one looked fun...so here it goes.  I hope I don't suck.  BTW, I'm such I loser I don't know how to link up right, sorry I'm a failure My happy place... Walking down Broadway in Nashville, TN.  I love all the live music you can hear from every honky tonk.  Or at a musical.... Or at a live concert... Or the beach...  Pretty much if you get my out of the house or work I'm friggin' happy. Whatever happened to... Andrew Keegan.  I may google that later.  (and yes the Full House song popped in my head too)

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi