Skip to main content

Ms. Megan's Fashions Rules

Not that I am like a budding fashionista or anything, but I have come up with a short list of rules of fashion for your reading pleasure.  *I am by no means calling any person out, just my thoughts that I choose to share with you fine people*

Rule One:  Don't Trust Women That Don't Wear Heels.
You may wonder why I feel this way.  Well, I'll tell you.  Heels hurt.  They take commitment to wear.  You have to have confidence, tolerance and a commitment to wear them.  Those are all good qualities for a woman to have.  If you can't handle to pain of heels, you cannot handle the pain life brings.  If you can't commit to wear uncomfortable shoes, you can't commit to a friendship.


Rule Two:  Sparkles Make You Feel Better
Think about it...sparkles are shiny.  Shiny things are bright and fun.  You cant be sad, mad, or upset if you are shiny and fun.  (Sparkles can be rhinestones, glitter, sequins, etc.)

Rule Three:  If "Bootyliscious" can fit on the butt of your shorts, chances are that's not a word to describe you.
In fact, don't wear anything on your butt in public, unless you're under the age of 10.


Rule Four:  Just Because It Fits, Doesn't Mean You Should Wear It.
Hi, I'm a big girl.  I know you want to look cute, and I am aware of the things you can find in the plus size stores.  However, just because they sell it, doesn't mean you have to buy it.  Trust me, you will look better if your clothes fit.


Rule Five:  Never Underestimate The Power Of Spanx.
Unless you are an Olympic athlete, a stick figure, or a hardcore exerciser chances are a pair of Spanx will be your friend.  You don't have to be a size 24 to benefit from Spanx.  They just make you less jiggly and wiggly and give you a pull together look.  They can be uncomfortable, but hey, beauty is pain.

Rule Six:  Attitude and Respect Make You Look Better.
Everyone looks better with a smile.  And if you are rude, it doesn't matter if you have a pretty face or nice clothes.


Rule Seven:  Confidence is Key
If you are confident people will be confident in you.  When you are unsure, people will be unsure of you.  This goes for more than just fashion, it goes for everyday life.  If you don't believe in yourself, others won't believe in you either.  If you don't feel confident when you look in the mirror, change into something that will make you feel that way.  And when you are feeling extra low remember GOD MADE YOU AND HE DOESN'T MAKE JUNK.  YOU ARE FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE (PS. 139:14) AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO GIVE ANYONE CONFIDENCE!

Rule Eight:  "Shoes always (ALWAYS) make the outfit" (ok so I may have borrowed this idea from Clinton Kelly's book Oh No She Didn't! but I couldn't agree more and the thoughts that follow come from my head).
You wear a simple black dress and black flip flops.  That's cool, but think about how red pumps would make that outfit pop.  Or even better fun shoes!  Fun shoes make you fun.  Always wear fun shoes.  Fashion over function!  And remember the wise words of CoCo Chanel "A woman in good shoes is never ugly".  Wear good shoes.

Rule Nine:  If It Doesn't Go With Anything, It Goes With Everything
Don't be afraid to step outside the box and take a risk.  As for shoes, jewelry and handbags--if it doesn't match--you're golden.  Add a pop of color with your choice of accessories and you'll be glad you did.  (Disclaimer: I'm not talking brown shoes and a black belt.  I'm talking a purple shirt, jeans, and red shoes.  Or a yellow purse with a red dress.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get some things straight

First thing's first, don't think I will type something every day, I won't. Secondly, apparently some folks think I am not happy.  That is totally not the case.  I know I did at one point in my post last night refer to this point in my life as a "season of sadness".  I did not mean necessarily mean I am sad and you should feel sorry for me (or offer up your advice on finding a man).  This year has sucked.  And it has nothing to do with a man. I am content as I am.  It took me 30 years to like myself and the person I am and I will not start feeling sorry for myself again.  Yes, there are times it would be nice to have a man.  It would be nice to have a relationship, someone to spend time with, and someone to share life with.  However, I know what I want.  I know what I don't.  And I know what I will not settle for. I will not settle for less than what I want or less than what I deserve.  I would rather be alone and unhappy than in a relationship and mi

So Are You A Fly Strip For Dysfunctional Men?

I think back to the Fourth of July weekend of this year.  Allison and I went to the lake with Britni and her family.  As we were living Greers Ferry we stopped at Large Mouth Pizza.  Almost right about the table we were sitting at was fly paper.  You know the sticky strip of paper flies get caught in?  I now know more than I probably should about them fly paper.  You pull this sticky paper out of a little canister and it hangs from the ceiling.  There this sticky stuff that will stay sticky despite exposure to the air and whatnot.  There's this stuff on there that attracts the flies and once they touch they paper, they're stuck.  There's also poison on the strip that kills the fly, but that doesn't really work for the analogy I'm about to use.  I'm not really sure how I find the guys I do.  But if they have a tick, bad habit, disorder, something like that I will find them, or well they will find me.  Apparently I'm like fly paper.  I apparently attract t

Motivation Monday

This a story of two very different girls. This is the first girl... Hot Springs 2012 Nashville July 2012 CMA Fest June 2012 Nashville 2012 July 2012 Christmas 2012 She is 26 years old and is a third grade teacher.  She enjoys buying shoes, going out to eat, going to musicals and going to Nashville (a lot).  She has a pretty good life.  She drives a sweet red Mustang (with pink interior lights) and has the best friends a girl could want.  She is a funny girl and has big dreams.  She believes your only as old as you feel and she still feels like a kid.  She loves pink and sparkly things.  She never meets a stranger and could talk to anybody. But that is what she wants you to see.  She wants you to see her with a smile on her face and she wants to see all the fun she has.  She doesn't want you to know that inside, she isn't happy.  She isn't satisfied and she is disgusted with herself.  She knows something has got to give.  She is tired of feel